As we get older, our skin becomes saggier. If you want to look like your younger self, then it is time to take action. Dr Michael Zacharia is an expert when it comes to cosmetic surgery and he suggests that a facelift is the best option for those who are looking to get a firmer and youthful looking appearance. But thinking about surgeries, most women are hesitant to go through the process. If this piqued your interest, then read further to know more about this effective way to look and feel younger!
Getting A Face Lift
You might not know this yet, but as soon as you hit 40, you know too well that the moment you look at yourself in the mirror, it seems like it’s not you anymore. But why consider getting a facelift? Sometimes, looking older is not the only change that you will be noticing. Here are some more reasons why you should consider this cosmetic procedure:
- Creases around your nose and the corners of your mouth.
- Facial and neck wrinkles.
- Less defined chin.
- Loss of elasticity in the face and neck.
- Loss of muscle tone.
- Sagging neck.
- You always look tired.
Different Types Of Facelifts
For all these problems mentioned above, a facelift is a solution. This can help tighten the skin on your face down to your neck to give you a younger-looking appearance. Your doctor will be the one to evaluate which type of facelift procedure would you need. Remember that names and methods will vary from one doctor to another, but here are the simple terms to help you understand the facelift procedure that can be done.
- Standard Facelift. This is a ‘full’ facelift and is recommended if all of the problems mentioned above are present. This process includes removing excess skin, tightening of the connective tissues and muscles and also lifting and repositioning the skin. Don’t worry because the incisions are hidden at the contours of your ear, around your earlobe, and also in your hairline.
- Mini Facelift. This is commonly suggested for younger patients that have mild loss of muscle tone as well as the loss of skin elasticity. It can also be recommended for those with tired appearance. This procedure will include tightening and lifting of the skin but there will be minimal or no work on the neck. That is because this procedure is only intended for minimal signs of aging.
- Short Scar Facelift. This is another option if the patient does not wish to undergo a mini facelift. This is also called the Extended Minimal Access Cranial Suspension or Extended MACS. This is more suitable for patients with mild or moderate issues and jowling. This will only address the face and not the neck. Therefore, it will leave fewer scars and is a less invasive procedure for the entire face.
Are you ready to look and feel younger? If you are, then prepare yourself – mentally and physically. You have to make sure that you are in good health because you do not only want to look happy and young on the outside, but also on the inside.